Introduction to ActionScript3
ActionScript3 is the programming language that is used in CS3 through CS5.
ActionScript is a full blown object oriented programming language that is similar to C++ and Java.
ActionScript makes it possible to:
- Add interactivity to a flash movie.
- Respond when an event, such as a mouse click, occurs.
- Allows you to use random numbers to change the sequence of events.
- Lets you create games that respond to the mouse or the keyboard.
- Import external files and sounds.
Older versions of Flash are NOT compatible with ActionScript3!