Active Learning: Arrays
A Flock of Birds, A School of Fish
Using arrays, create an Alice3 world with any scene and an array of characters.
Add any procedure you want: walking, flying, marching, swimming, etc. Make the entire group of characters move together.
You can have pixies flying around a castle, penguins who dive in the water, a school of fish, etc.
For added interest use either random numbers or asSeenBy.
Save the Alice3 program as lastName_firstName_arrays.a3p. For example mary_smith_arrays.a3p
- Take a Screen Shots of the movie to post in the discussion.
- Submit the lastName_firstName_arrays.a3p file.
- There is a comment with your name and a description of the program. There is a comment for each procedure or function. (1 point)
- You have at least one array of at least 5 objects. (1 point)
- You have used procedures and functions for most of the code. (1 points)
- myFirstMethod does not have much code except to call procedures and functions.(1 point)
- You have at least one block of code that processes the entire array. (2 point)
- The procedures and functions use parameters rather than constants to make them more flexible. (1 point)
- You have used at least 3 different control structures to create an interesting movie.(2 point)
- You have used an additional feature such as random number, as seen by, markers or vehicles to show your skill with Alice. (1 point)
- Create an mp4 for the discussion.
- Save the program as lastName_firstName_arrays.a3p and submit in Blackboard under assignments.
Active Learning Index
Like us on Facebook:
OER: Open Educational Resource
Author: Janet E. Joy
; Publisher: Zebra0.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Last modified: May 25 2017 11:43:13.