Active Learning: A Comic
There are many gestures that we make everyday. Many have common expressions to match. For instance, we may shrug our shoulders and say "Who cares?" or tap our foot and say "Hurry up!"
Create an Alice3 world with any scene and objects you want. Have 2 or more characters who talk to each other while posing in an appropriate pose.
Use your imagination! You can have a person tell a joke or secret, the other reacts. You must include at least one pose created using code.
You could show the 3 monkeys with "See no evil", "Hear no evil", "Say no evil". Try to do something not already done by a classmate.
Save the Alice3 project as lastName_firstName_comic.a3p. For example mary_smith_comic.a3p
- Take a screen shot of the movie to post in the discussion.
- Submit the lastName_firstName_.a3p file.
Some common Gestures:
- Hands on hips: "How dare you!"
- Hands in the air: "Don't shoot!"
- One hand in air: "I know! I know!"
- Head hanging down: "I'm sorry'"
- Hand on head: "Hmmm. Let me think."
Think of others to try.
- In the code there is a comment with your name and a description of the program. (1 point)
- You have at least 2 characters. (1 point)
- There are at least two poses using subparts (arms, legs, etc.) (2 points)
- At least one pose is created using code and at least 2 joints are involved (shoulder and elbow for instance) (2 points)
- Poses are realistic (a human could strike the pose) and no subparts overlap. (2 points)
- Each character either says or thinks something that is appropriate to the pose. (1 point)
- You have created an interesting project with a theme, scenery (at least 4 objects) arranged realistically. (1 point)
- Take a Screen Shot for the discussion.
- Save the program as lastName_firstName_comic.a3p and submit.
Active Learning Index
Like us on Facebook:
OER: Open Educational Resource
Author: Janet E. Joy
; Publisher: Zebra0.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Last modified: May 25 2017 12:14:58.