Active Learning: Advanced Techniques
Create an Alice3 world with any scene and objects you want. Your movie should have event listeners to let the user control the action. You may include any other features to make it interesting.
You can create some very interesting movies using these techniques. Use your imagination!
- The user moves a shark to chase and catch fish. Add points when the shark catches a fish, deduct points if he rams into something else
- Create a choose your own adventure type story.
- The user flies a UFO and tries to touch down on a target.
Save the Alice3 project as lastName_firstName_events.a3p. For example mary_smith_events.a3p
- Create an mp4 of the movie to post in this weeks discussion.
- Submit the lastName_firstName_vehicles.a3p file.
- There is a comment with your name and a description of the program. There is a comment in each function or procedure. (1 point)
- You have used procedures and functions for most of the code and
My First method should not have much code except to call the other procedures and functions.(2 points)
- The procedures and functions use parameters rather than constants to make them more flexible.(1 point)
- You have used at least 3 different control structures to create an interesting movie. (1 point)
- All variables and functions have meaningful names. (1 point)
- You have at least 2 events. (required)
- You have at least one sound. (1 points)
- You have used two additional features such as random number, as seen by, panels, vehicles, markers, billboards to show your skill with Alice. (2 points)
- Create an mp4 for the discussion.
- Save the program as lastName_firstName_events.a3p and submit in Blackboard under assignments.
Active Learning Index
Like us on Facebook:
OER: Open Educational Resource
Author: Janet E. Joy
; Publisher: Zebra0.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Last modified: May 25 2017 11:43:32.