Active Learning: Variables
Create a program with variables and use them.
- Create a string variable with the name of the character. Have the character say "Hello, my name is __" using the variable.
- Create a double variable for the amount to turn. Have the character turn that amount to the left, then the same amount to the right.
- Give a new value to the variable and have character make the same moves again. Use the clipboard to copy the code.
- Use your imagination to create an interesting scene using what you have learned so far.
Save the Alice3 program as lastName_firstName_variables.a3p. For example mary_smith_variables.a3p
- Take a screen shot of the movie to post in the discussion.
- Submit the lastName_firstName_variables.a3p file.
- There is a comment with your name and a description of the program. (1 point)
- You have at least 3 variables including string, integer and double (3 points)
- You have used meaningful names to the variables (2 points)
- You have at least 2 assign statements to give the viable new values. (2 points)
- You have created an interesting movie with a theme. (2 points)
Active Learning Index
Like us on Facebook:
OER: Open Educational Resource
Author: Janet E. Joy
; Publisher: Zebra0.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Last modified: May 26 2017 08:09:39.