Although computers are largely beneficial, there are some issues that are problematic:
- Privacy; identity theft;
- The digital divide: the gap between those who have access to technology and those who do not ;
- Health & fitness: extended computer use deprives children of physical activity;
- Physical risks due to excessive computer use: carpal tunnel syndrome, back problems, and eye strain;
- Communication Breakdown: Excessive computers use may stunt the development of social skills and interpersonal relationships
- Gaming Addiction
- Pornography is highly available on the internet.
- Employment: More and more jobs can be done using computer technology.
Please study the material at each of the links below.
Like us on Facebook:
OER: Open Educational Resource
- Social issues computers have created: Outlines main areas of concern: communication breakdown, defamation of character,
identity theft, cyber bullying, gaming addiction,
privacy, health & fitness, education (plagiarism),
terrorism & crime, sexuality
- The Digital Divide: America Offline: the problem of the digital divide in America
- Living Offline: What it is like to live offline in America
- The Digital Divide: One man's story
- Telecommuting: Why telecommuting is good for you and good for business
- Telecommuting: Breaking Myths of Teleworking
- 10 Myths About Video Games
- Social Issues: The Effects of Computers on Children: Lists both positive and negative effects of computers.
- Discussion Questions
Author: Janet E. Joy
; Publisher: Zebra0.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Last modified: June 14 2017 17:45:15.