Please study the material at each of the links below.
- Definition: What is software?
- What is Software?: Software is the collection of instructions that enable the user to interact with a computer,
its hardware, or perform tasks.
- Video: What is software?: Discusses operating systems and other software.
- Types of Software: Software refers to the programs that run on a computer, and which make the hardware useful.
- Software?: Software refers to the programs that run on a computer,
and which make the hardware useful.
There are two main categories: Operating Systems and Application Software.
- Applications: Simply put, an app is a type of software that allows you to perform specific tasks.
- Video: Operating Systems: An operating system is the most important software that runs on a computer.
- What is productivity software?: Productivity software is applications dedicated to producing information: especially word processors,
spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases
- Learning a new program: Everything you've learned so far about your computer and other programs
will help you figure out what to do next.
- Open Office: Download Free productivity software : Free word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software, and database
- Tutorials for learning Open Office: Learn Free word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software, and database
- Google Docs: Sign up to use free online productivity software: Free word processor (Docs), spreadsheet (Sheets), presentation software (Slides)
- Learning Microsoft Word: This is a series of over 30 videos on using Word
- Learning Microsoft Excel: This is a series of 29 videos on using Excel
- Learning Microsoft PowerPoint: This is a series of 33 videos on using PowerPoint
- Database vs. Excel: Relationships between Data
- Database Basics
- Database Terminology: Data, Tables, Records, Fileds: Please read all 5 pages!!!
- Database Terminology: Tables, Records, Fields
- Getting Started in Access
- Discussion Questions
Active LearningCreate a presentation on your favorite software.Create a database to keep track of the computer terms your will learn.Like us on Facebook:
OER: Open Educational Resource
Author: Janet E. Joy
; Publisher: Zebra0.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Last modified: June 14 2017 17:45:52.