- Draw a star or other interesting shape on the stage.
- Double click the star to select both the stroke and the fill.
- From the menu select Modify, Convert to Symbol.
- In the pop-up window name it BtnStar and select Button, then click OK.
If you test the movie now, there will be a hand when you move the mouse over the star, but there is only one frame at this point, so you do not see any change for each state.
- Double click the star to edit it. You will see that there is just one frame with any content.
- Insert a KeyFrame in each frame.
- In the Up and Down frames make the star a different color.
- In the hit frame, erase half of the star.
- Test the movie. When you move the mouse over the star, you only see the hand on the half of the star that you did not erase.
Experiment: Edit your button to add text, filters, and other effects. Make a really interesting button.
In Flash, double click the button to open the edit window for the button. Select each frame to see what the button looks like in each state.
- Unlock the text layer, then edit the text so that is says GO. Change the font, and make a few other changes to the text.