Forms in Visual Basic
Visual Basic includes several ready made forms that you can use. In this example we will use a Splash Screen and a LoginForm.
- Close any open solution and start a new Windows application named Showy.
- Don't make any changes to the form.
- From the menu select Project, Add Form.
- Select the Spalsh Screen.
- Make any changes you want to frmSplash. Add company logo, pictures, a nice background color, etc.
- Change the property WindowState to maximized if you want it to fill the screen at start.
- Add another form, this time select Login Form
- If you run the program, the program will still start with Form1.
- In the Solution Explorer, right click on the project, then select properties.
- Select "LoginForm1" as the Startup form.
- Select "When last form closes" for shutdown mode.
- Select "SpashScreen1" as the Splash Screen.